Saturday, December 06, 2008

We ended up with a little surprise at my 35 week appointment when we found out I was at 7 cm and 90%, so in we went to the hospital on October 30th. By the next morning nothing had happened so we opted to go home and wait it out for a while. Thank goodness because my mom was arriving on Halloween! I was able to go home, take a nap, visit with my mom, and take the kids trick or treating. Unfortunately the camera was packed, so I didn't get pictures of the kids costumes, but my mom has them, so hopefully I will get them soon! They were very cute. Adelyn was little red riding hood, and Isaac was an astronaut. The 1 1/2 hours of trick or treating didn't seem to do much as far as contractions go, so of to bed we went only to be woken up at 2am by contractions. I think we headed of to the hospital around 4am to find out that I was at 9cm, and almost fully dialated! Chloe Ann arrived at 8:17am weighing in at 5 lb 13oz and 19 1/4 inches long and a full set of lungs! Aubrey Grace took her time getting here and decided to make her apperance at 11:47am weighing in at 5lb 11 oz and 19 inches long. She was so mellow, and had such a mellow cry, they were kind of worried, so they wisked her from my arms and forgot to take of the monitoring devise that was still stuck on her head :o(. The bleeding soon stopped and a couple of hours later you could hardly see where it was.
I would have to say that this was by far, the easiest recovery I have had. By the time we left the hospital, I felt almost back to normal, minus the cold I developed the day we left!

1 comment:

The Schwecke Family said...

I was hoping for a story like that! I hope everything is going as well as it could. I can barely handle one new born I have no idea how you two are doing it with this being #3 & #4!!! They are beautiful...I can't wait to watch them grow! Congrats again!